Annual Women’s Health Experience Set Nov. 11
Women often neglect their own health due to busy careers, home lives, raising children and hectic households. The holidays often exacerbate that issue with the added stress of increased visits, expectations, family-issues, financial difficulties and more all coming to a head.
This month brings a chance to stop and reset with an informational yet enjoyable experience. It even comes with child care.
Sparrow Eaton Hospital’s Women’s Health Experience is an opportunity for women in all phases of life to focus on their own wants and needs prior to the hustle and bustle of the holidays.
Physician panel of Dr. Lakeeya Tucker, Dr. Leighla Smith, Dr. Jamie Mueller-Smith.
The free annual event happens from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 11, at AL!VE, 800 W. Lawrence Ave., Sparrow Eaton’s destination health park.
This interactive event includes a wealth of information, free lunch, a self-defense workshop, health screenings, wine tasting and local retail vendors. Each attendee also receives a complimentary gift. This year the retail vendor area is back with additional businesses, including Studio Marketplace, Reflections Boutique and more. Many of these vendors will offer holiday specials and drawings.
Samples of healthy recipes in RELISH, the cooking demo kitchen.
Women’s Health Experience highlights include:
- One-on-one conversations with clinicians about women’s health topics, including breast health, heart health, pelvic floor and incontinence, skin care, eye health, and more.
- Playmakers will offer free information on good form for running and walking, with gait analysis tips and techniques.
- Health screenings, including blood pressure and body mass index.
- Several interactive booths and activities featuring decorating, fitness and nutrition information, art, and more.
- A self-defense workshop.
- A grand-prize fashion makeover to two lucky attendees. Must be present to win.
Free child care is available for children ages 2-12. Pre-registration for child care is required by calling 517-541-5803.
To learn more about the event, follow frequent updates at Facebook.com/ExperienceAlive.