Oh, Honey! – Roasted, Glazed Pumpkin Wedges
We’ve roasted pumpkin seeds and tried our hands at a pumpkin pie or two, but only recently did we attempt to do something with pumpkin that was simple, tasty and a great way to add a little pumpkin spice to our lives: roasted and glazed pumpkin wedges.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 small pumpkin, cut into wedges; sugar pumpkins are great, but you can also use any small pumpkin or winter squash
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
WHAT TO DO:
- Mix olive oil and honey in a small bowl.
- Lay out your pumpkin wedges on a baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with the honey/oil mixture.
- Turn each piece over and evenly coat with the remaining drizzle.
- Sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes, turning occasionally. When the pumpkin is tender and golden, remove from oven and serve.
To spice things up, serve sprinkled with spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, cumin and chili powder. You can also drizzle an additional small amount of honey after baking.