A new twist on breakfast.
What you need:
- 4 avocados, halved with the seed removed
- 8 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped chives
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice avocados in half and remove the pits.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocados, creating a dip in each one,
- place on a baking sheet.
- Keeping the yolk intact, slide into each center of each avocado.
- Season to taste.
- Bake until eggs have set but are still slightly runny, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chives, or see our options for extras.
You can try all sorts of garnishes, from bacon bits to chopped peppers, herbs, tomatoes or even your favorite cheese.