- Wrap up
- A Bouquet of Five Fun Facts About Valentine’s Day Flowers
A Bouquet of Five Fun Facts About Valentine’s Day Flowers
Some things to consider when buying roses this Valentines Day
- Red roses are known as the definitive symbol of love and the most popular flower to give on valentine’s day.
- Rose colors have intended meanings. For example, red roses denote love and passion, pink roses represent grace and elegance, and yellow roses are a symbol of friendship.
- Like roses, lilies come in different colors and have different implications. For example, white lilies are associated with purity and innocence while orange lilies symbolize passion.
- The majority of our Valentine’s Day roses have been grown in South America due to its warmer climate, but California is the leading producer of domestically produced cut flowers.
- Valentine’s Day is a bigger payday for the floral industry when it falls on a weekday because lovers tend to send more elaborate flower arrangements to the recipient’s office, where it can be ogled.